Tuesday, April 27, 2004
Illegal Drugs Sales Investigation Results in Five Arrests"Illegal Drugs Sales Investigation Results in Five Arrests"
Los Angeles: On April 22, 2004, at about 9:30 p.m., detectives and officers from Hollywood Narcotics Section conducted an investigation pursuant to a complaint of illegal drug sales from an apartment in the 1800 block of North Cherokee.
Officers conducting the investigation saw a suspicious man leave the apartment. The man’s actions were consistent with the activities in the complaint. The man was detained and, when searched, was found to be in possession of cocaine. Detectives followed the investigation to the apartment and received consent to search the apartment. There were three women and one man in the apartment. During the search the detectives found additional narcotics and paraphernalia.
All four occupants and the man who was seen leaving the apartment were arrested and booked.
The suspects are identified as follows:
- Patricia Bonnie Pointer, 53 years of age, a resident Los Angeles. Booked for Possession of Cocaine. Booking number 8095864. Release on $10,000 bail.
- June Pointer Whitmore, 50 years of age, a resident Los Angeles. Booked for Possession of Cocaine. Booking number 8098597. Released on $10,000 bail.
- Anita Allen, 44 years of age, a resident of Northridge. Booked for Possession of Cocaine for sale. Booking number 8098560. Released on $30,000 bail.
- Joe Paul Guinan, 41 years of age, resident of Los Angeles. Booked being Under the Influence of a Controlled Substance and for outstanding warrants. Booking number 8098553. Held on $35,000 bail.
- Norman Lamont Jefferies, 36 years of age, a resident of Hawthorne. Booked for Possession of Cocaine. Booking number 8098482. Released on $10,000 bail.
For more information regarding future court dates and locations, please visit the Los Angeles County Sheriff Department web page at www.lasd.org, under Inmate Information.
This news release was prepared by Public Information Officer, Eduardo Funes, Media Relations Section, at 213-485-3586.