Police Unity Tour We Ride For Those Who Died
News Conference and Ceremonial Send-Off for the Police Unity Tour's
Cross-Country Bicycle Ride to Honor Fallen Officers
Friday, April 14, 2006
Elysian Park Police Academy
1880 North Academy Drive, Los Angeles
(In front of the mural on the athletic field)
In the event of rain, please go to the gymnasium
- Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
- 1st Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell
- Deputy Chief Jeff Crawford, Los Angeles School Police
- Representatives from Beverly Hills Police Department
- Marty Weston, President of Los Angeles Police Revolver and Athletic Club
- Police Unity Tour Riders
- Family Members of Fallen Officers
A dozen riders from the Police Unity Tour's cross-country relay team will ride bicycles from Los Angeles to Florham Park, New Jersey then to the sight of the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial in Washington, D.C.
The 58 off-duty police officers participating in the Police Unity Tour to honor fallen officers will ride more than 25 days, and over 3,500 miles.
Additional: At 7:00 a.m., on Friday, April 14, 2006, media outlets are welcome to film "b-roll" of riders dipping their bicycle wheels in the Pacific Ocean to commemorate the Police Unity Tour’s departure. Media outlets should meet the riders at the Venice Beach Pier located at 100 Washington Boulevard in Venice.