Press Availability Meeting
LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
Wednesday, August 18, 1999
Los Angeles Police Chief Bernard C. Parks will hold his monthly Press Availability on Wednesday August 18, 1999, at 9:30 a.m. at Parker Center, 150 North Los Angeles Street, Los Angeles (Auditorium).
The following topics will be covered at the press availability:
- Discussion of the latest crime statistics in Los Angeles (FASTRAC numbers).
- Discussion of the latest LAPD Web Site statistics for the month of July.
- North Valley Jewish Community Center/ Buford Furrow Arrest: Update and the 911 Tapes will be released to the media at the conclusion of the Press Availability.
Note: Please bring a new 90 minute cassette to exchange for the 911 Tape.
- Gun Control: Chief Park's Comments Regarding Issues and Proposed Legislation. Note: There will be a display of weapons recovered by the LAPD.
- One Year Anniversary of LAPD'S Web site.
The Press Availability is an opportunity for reporters to discuss any issues with LAPD's Chief Bernard C. Parks.
If you have any questions, please contact Media Relations Section at 213-485-3586.
For Release 11:00 am PDT
August 18, 1999