DNC Deployment Appreciation Luncheon Celebration
Los Angeles - In recognition of the Department's outstanding performance during the Democratic National Convention, the below listed coalition of Department Employee Associate Organizations will be hosting a free picnic style luncheon featuring IN-N-OUT Burger, Burger King and several other food vendors on Wednesday, August 30, 2000, from 10:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Elysian Park Academy! The sponsoring groups include:
- Association of Black Law Enforcement Executives
- Command Officers' Association
- Golden State Peace officer's Association
- Latin American Law Enforcement Association
- Los Angeles Police Federal Credit Union
- Los Angeles Police Historical Society
- Law Enforcement Association of Asian Pacifics
- Los Angeles Police Protective League
- Los Angeles Police Revolver & Athletic Club
- Los Angeles Police Relief Association
- Los Angeles Women Police Officers Association
- Oscar Joel Bryant, Parker and Memorial Foundations
- Shomrim Society
All Department personnel are encouraged to attend this celebration in recognition of a job well done! Off-duty personnel are also encouraged to bring family and friends to share a free lunch and entertainment. Department personnel identification will be required for admission. Congratulations LAPD for standing tall during the DNC!
The media is encouraged to cover this worthwhile and special celebration!
For additional information regarding this event, please contact Public Affairs Unit, Community Relations Section, at 213-485-3281.
This press release was prepared by Officer Guillermo Campos, Media Relations Section, 213-485-3586.