Central Bureau GoalsOperations Central Bureau's Mission and Goals
Operations-Central Bureau's mission is to support, encourage and empower all OCB Areas to work in partnership with the diverse residential and business communities of the Bureau to improve the quality of life, enhance public safety and reduce the fear and incidence of crime.
OCB has identified five goals for the calendar year 2005:
1. Reduce Part I Crimes by 10 percent
2. Increase the part I Clearance rate by 5 percent
3. Reduce the detective backlog for Category-I cases by 30 percent
4. Reduce A & K traffic collisions by 5 percent
5. Maintain compliance on all Consent Decree provisions
Strategies and measures of effectiveness have been identified for each goal.