Thursday, November 8, 2012
Los Angeles Police Foundation Honors New Dodger Owners Mark Walter, Stan Kasten and Earvin “Magic” Johnson at the 13th Annual TRUE BLUE Gala NA12241SFWHAT:
The Los Angeles Police Foundation’s 13th Annual TRUE BLUE Gala honoring the new owners of the Los Angeles Dodger and featuring the opportunity to view the latest police technology, vehicles, counter-terrorism and crime-prevention tools and equipment.
Saturday, November 10, 2012
- 5:30 PM – Media Check-in at the “Top of the Park” at Dodger Stadium (Lot P)
- 6:00 PM – Pre-Event Presentation & Photo Opportunity with Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa, Police Chief Charlie Beck, Mark Walter, Stan Kasten, Earvin “Magic” Johnson and Vin Scully
- 6:35 PM – 7:00 PM – Photo & Video Opportunity – Chief Beck to provide tour of LAPD interactive exhibits to Event Honorees
- 7:00 PM LAPD Fly-over - The pre-event program will conclude with an exciting fly-over of an LAPD “black and white” American-Eurocopter airship that will orbit the event perimeter sounding sirens and search lights to announce the tent is open
- 7:30 PM –TRUE BLUE Dinner Begins
- 8:30 PM – Awards program begins including a special performance by multi-platinum R&B Singer Brian McKnight
Dodger Stadium’s “Top of the Park” (Parking Lot P)
1000 Elysian Park Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
LAPD Police Chief Charlie Beck
Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
LAPF TRUE BLUE Honorees Mark Walter, Stan Kasten and Earvin “Magic” Johnson
Hall of Fame Broadcaster Vin Scully
Multi-platinum R&B Singer Brian McKnight
TRUE BLUE Event Co-Chairs Jeffrey L. Glassman & Jim Wiatt
United States Assemblyman Mike Feuer
Los Angeles City Controller Wendy Gruel
Los Angeles City COUNCIL Members Mitch Englander, Paul Krikorian, Tom La Bonge,
Jan Perry, Ed Reyes and Dennis Zine
Los Angeles City Attorney Carmen Trutanich
Inspector General Alex Bustamante
Los Angeles Police Commission Vice President John Mack
Police Commissioner Richard Drooyan
The Los Angeles Police Foundation will honor new Los Angeles Dodger owners Mark Walter, Stan Kasten and Earvin “Magic” Johnson at the 13th annual TRUE BLUE Gala on Saturday, November 10, 2012, at Dodger Stadium’s “Top of the Park.” The Los Angeles Police Foundation is the largest source of private support for the LAPD and funds equipment and technology upgrades, specialized training, community outreach and youth programs that are not provided by the city budget.
Beginning at 6:00 PM, gala guests will have the opportunity to view the latest police technology, vehicles, weapons, anti-terrorism and crime-prevention equipment that will be on display at the “Top of the Park” at Dodger Stadium. Additionally, LAPD officers will be on hand to provide demonstrations of the equipment and answer questions about all of the interactive exhibits.
An important aspect of the TRUE BLUE Gala is the pre-dinner focus on more than 30 LAPD units that offer fascinating and informative interactive displays and demonstrations rarely seen up close. The following LAPD Units will be on hand:
- Underwater Dive Unit
- Art Theft Detail
- Bomb Squad Robot
- Counter-Terrorism K-9s
- Mounted Platoon
- Scientific Investigations Division
- LAPD Motorcycles
- Interactive Use-of-Force Simulator
- LAPD Juvenile Boot Camp Program
The Los Angeles Police Foundation (LAPF) involves prominent community leaders in funding LAPD youth programs, training, community outreach and equipment and technology not provided in the city budget. Your support of this event enables the LAPF to fulfill its mission of creating partnerships to provide resources and programs that help the police to serve at their highest level and to enhance LAPD-community relations.
Since its founding in 1998, the LAPF has awarded more than $16 million in grants to the LAPD. This year marks the LAPF’s 14th anniversary.
For more information on the Los Angeles Police Foundation, visit www.lapolicefoundation.org.
MEDIA INFORMATION AND EVENT COVERAGE RSVP, CONTACT:
Pat Berni Police Officer Sara Faden
LAPF LAPD Media Relations Section
213-489-4636 213-486-5919 or (213) 841-2064