Citizen Community Police Academy
Central Community Police Station hosts the 2013 Community Police Academy
Through the Community Police Academy, enrolled students will be encouraged to build a lasting partnership with the Department, with the ultimate goal of reducing crime and improving the quality of life in our neighborhoods.
- English Community Police Academy
- March 27, 2013 - June 5, 2013
- Spanish Community Police Academy
- September 11, 2013 - November 11, 2013
Community Police Academy Overview
The Central Area Community Police Academy will provide community members with an inside look at the Police department and various facets of law enforcement. During the eleven-week academy, students will be introduced to police operations. Classes will be conducted on the organization of the LAPD and its history, patrol/detective operations, pursuits and traffic policies, child abuse, hate crimes, vice and gang operations, a presentation by Metro Division (SWAT, K-9), domestic violence, narcotics, and Internal Affairs. The Academy will culminate with a graduation ceremony wherein students will be awarded their certificates of completion.
Candidates for the Community Police Academy must meet the following criteria:
- Must be 18 years or older;
- Live, work or attend school in Central Area;
- No prior felony convictions;
- No outstanding warrants;
- No pending criminal cases; and
- Must be approved by an Area Commanding Officer.
FEATURED COMMUNITY MEMBER