Retiring Detective Partners with Daughter One Last Time
Photo and interview opportunity
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:15 a.m.
Central Police Station
251 E. Sixth Street, Los Angeles
- Senior Homicide Detective Emmett Badar and his daughter, Police Officer Janell Badar
- Working Emmett's last patrol shift together, assigned to 1 Adam 12
Emmett's retirement is on the following Thursday, and his last working day is November 30.
Emmett's career includes:
Outlets interested in covering the story will be given access to the roll call for B-roll and opportunity to interview Emmett and Janelle. The two will be on patrol in the downtown area during the day.
- 36 years with LAPD, all but a couple years assigned to the Central Police Station
- Head of Central Homicide Unit since 2000.
- He was awarded the Police Star in 1977 for rescuing persons from burning building
- He is currently a city councilman for the City of San Dimas
- His partner will be his daughter, also an LAPD officer at Central. She has been an officer for two years.
Good sound opportunity from radio broadcast of the 1Adam12 call sign, reserved for only special occasions.
Will accommodate one live-morning show if interested in doing a live shot or interview.
Contact Lt. Paul Vernon at email@example.com or 213-972-1203 if interested in covering the story.