Vehicle License Plate Safety TipsProtect your vehicle license plates and the registration tabs. Numerous license tabs are being stolen and resold because proof of insurance is required in order to apply for current registration.
- Check your license plate occasionally to ensure your current year license tab is attached
- If you have a build up of past year tabs remove them prior to adding the current year
- Once you attach the current sticker - slice an X or diagonal lines, with a sharp razor blade, through the year tab so the sticker will not come apart in one piece
- A sturdy metal frame bolted to the license plate will discourage thieves from cutting the corner off your license plate in order to steal the year sticker
- Be aware of people loitering near the rear of vehicles
- Call the police if you suspect criminal activity