Power FailuresKnow how to respond during a power failure. Be sure to keep a flashlight handy in case the lights go out. Remember the following:
- Contact the business owner or manager to find out if you should stay open.
- Make sure you know how to record sales and secure cash.
- Make sure all vault doors are secure.
- Turn off the circuit breakers. This will help avoid a power surge when the power comes back on. You may want to leave on the breakers for the lights, so you will know when the power comes back on.
- Be extra careful after dark. You will probably need to close the business and lock the front and rear doors.
- After the power comes back on, check to make sure all electrical equipment is on and working properly.