Wednesday, February 1, 2006
Chief of Police Monthly Media Availability
Monthly Media Availability
Thursday, February 2, 2006
Level P4, City Hall East
200 N. Main Street, Los Angeles
You may park in front of Parker Center as usual, and walk west to City Hall East.
Police Chief William J. Bratton
Subject matter experts on profiled innovations
The theme of this month's availability is "Efficiencies and Innovations." The Chief will outline a number of cost-saving efficiencies and new innovations the LAPD has undertaken to maximize the number of officers in the field and heighten our ability to fight crime.
Among the presentations will be:
- A demonstration of a new high-tech taser that patrol officers will carry
- A new pursuit-intervention technology that works by shooting a GPS device onto a pursued vehicle, enabling police to track the vehicle's location using computerized maps within the police car. B-roll will be provided of the device in operation.
- An explanation and tour of LAPD's new Real-time Analysis and Critical Response Division (RACR), which is located in P-4.
- How LAPD has reduced booking time for officers.
- How LAPD has worked with prosecutors to reduce court overtime.