Wednesday, July 27, 2005
Kaitlyn's Law News Conference
Kaitlyn's Law News Conference†
Thursday, July 28, 2005, at 10:00 a.m.
12121 Victory Boulevard, North Hollywood, CA
N/W Corner of Laurel Canyon Boulevard and†Victory Boulevard
(Sears Parking Lot)
- Councilperson Wendy Greuel, 2nd Council District;
- Captain Ron Marbrey, Commanding Officer, Valley Traffic Division;†
- Captain William Sweet and Captain Michael Williams, Commanding Officers, North Hollywood Division;
- Assistant Chief Larry Manion, Los Angles School Police;
- Sergeant Huston Currie, California Highway Patrol;
- Chief Kay,†Los Angeles Fire Department;
- Tammy Russell, Co-Founder of 4 R Kids Sake
Each year children are killed by parents and care givers by being left unattended in automobiles.† Nineteen children have lost their lives this year due to hypothermia.
On August 15, 2000, 6 month old† Kaitlyn Marie Russell died because she was left alone†in a vehicle by a caregiver.† In 2002 Kaitlyns Law was passed which makes it illegal to leave any child under 6 years of age unattended in a vehicle.
August has been designated as purple ribbon month to bring awareness to the community and remind them of the serious consequences of leaving children unattended in vehicles.†††
For further information, please contact Valley Traffic Officer Norman Kellems at†818-902-0336.