Prayer Vigil and Community Walk for Life and Peace
News conference and community march
June 17, 2005, 5:30 PM
Mt. Moriah Baptist Church, 4269 South Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, California
- Police Commission President David S.Cunningham III,
- Chief William J. Bratton,
- First Assistant Chief Jim McDonnell,
- Deputy Chief Earl C. Paysinger,
- Captain Kyle B. Jackson - Southwest Division,
- Captain Kenneth O.Garner -77th Street Division,
- Los Angeles Fire Department Chief William Bamattre,
- Los Angeles Sheriffs Department Representatives,
- Councilmembers Jan Perry, Bernard C. Parks, Southwest and 77th Street Area Police Clergy Councils,
- Los Angeles County Probation Department and the Honors Drama Ensemble, Southwest Area Community Block Clubs,
- Alliance of Murdered Children,
- All Voices Unite,
- Women Against Gun Violence,
- Crenshaw High School Choir,
- Gwen Bolden Youth Foundation,
- Mount Moriah Baptist Church
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department, Southwest and 77th Street Divisions, and Police-Clergy Councils are sponsoring a march. Community members, clergy, crime prevention organizations and schools are invited to attend this event.
There have been over 700 homicides in the combined areas of 77th Street and Southwest, between January 2000 and June 2005. The march will show the community's resolve to tell perpetrators that criminal, violent acts are unacceptable.
For further information, please contact Southwest Division, at 213-847-5800.