When is a person determined missing?
Missing Persons and You
What Is a Missing Person?
A missing person includes, but is not limited to, any of the following:
A minor (person less than 18 years of age) who is missing voluntarily or involuntarily
An adult who:
- may be in need of assistance
- may be the victim of a crime or foul play
- may be in need of medical attention
- has no pattern of running away or disappearing
- may be the victim of parental abduction
- is mentally or physically impaired