LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
Wednesday, March 2, 2000
Los Angeles - The Los Angeles Police Department will host the annual "LAPD Day" luncheon meeting of the Peace Officers Association of Los Angeles County (POALAC) on Wednesday, March 8, 2000, at 12:00 p.m., at the Los Angeles Police Academy Gymnasium, 1880 North Academy Drive. There will be a pre-luncheon discussion entitled "CORRUPTION AND INTEGRITY WITHIN LAW ENFORCEMENT" which will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Academy Lounge. The panel will consist of:
Los Angeles Police Chief Bernard Parks will give the luncheon keynote address.
- Commander David J. Kalish, Los Angeles Police Department - Moderator
- Deputy Chief Michael Bostic, Los Angeles Police Department
- Deputy Chief Gregory Berg, Los Angeles Police Department
- Commander Daniel Koenig, Los Angeles Police Department
- Assistant Director in Charge James DeSarno, Jr., Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Chief Helena Ashby, Los Angeles Sheriff's Department
- Dr. Warren Bennis, Professor at the University of Southern California
POALAC's membership represents more than 50 federal, state, city, private law enforcement and security agencies. For further information contact Public Affairs Unit, at 213-485-3281.
For Release 8:00 am PST
March 2, 2000