Wednesday, August 3, 2016
Mission Area 10851 Award Program NA16163tiWHAT: Award Ceremony
WHEN: August 3, 2016
WHERE: LAPD Mission Area Community Station
11121 N. Sepulveda Boulevard
Mission Hills, CA 91345
WHO: LAPD Captain Robert Marino, Mission Area Commanding Officer
LAPD Captain James Setzer, Mission Area Patrol Captain
CHP Captain Ed Krusey, Newhall Area Captain
Mission Area Officers
DETAILS: The Mission Area Auto Theft Table works with the Department of California Highway Patrol (CHP) in recognizing those officers who meet the 10851 criteria to receive an award.
An Officer or Sergeant (singular) assigned to patrol who, during a 12 month period, who meets any of the following criteria will qualify for a 10851 award. To qualify, the officer must:
1) Make six separate incident rolling stolen in-custody arrest, or
2) Recover a total of 12 stolen vehicles of which a minimum of three must be rolling, or
3) Develop information resulting in the identification of a vehicle theft ring, subsequent arrest of two or more suspects, and the recovery of at least ten vehicles.
There are three types of 10851 awards. They are as follows:
1) White Pin, given for the 1st through 4th award only
2) Blue Pins, Master Level Awards, given for the 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th awards only.
3) Gold Pin, Lifetime Achievement Award, given for the 25th qualification.
The white and blue pins are fitted with a ribbon denoting the number of times an employee has earned that specific level award. The gold pin is fitted with a ribbon containing a jewel, and is a "one time" award. No pin is given for the 6th-9th, 11th-14th, 16th-19th, and 21th-24th awards, however, certificates are still issued recognizing these accomplishments.
On August 3, 2016, Mission Area will be teaming up with representatives from the California Highway Patrol as well as the Automobile Club of Southern California and the Mission Area Commanding Officers to present five officers with ten 10851 awards. The Officers are as follows:
Officer Calixto Valdivia, Serial No. 33289 - 2nd through 6th (includes Master for 5th)
Officer Joseph Carter, Serial No. 38835 - 2nd and 3rd
Officer Sigston, Anthony Serial No. 40990 - 1st
Officer Michael Briano, Serial No. 37161 - 2nd
Officer Christian Mejia, Serial No. 40255 - 1st
CONTACT: For further information, contact LAPD Mission Area Detective III Juan Santa or Detective II Cynthia Gonzales at (818) 838-9894.