Community-Police Advisory Board (C-PAB)
Minutes of Meeting
September 5th, 2013
The meeting was called to order at 12:10pm.
Gilbert Radillo C-PAB Co-Chair welcomed the community and members present and invited everyone to take a few moments to read the August Minutes.
Adoption of Minutes
The motion to approve minutes was made with only one (1) correction to the name of All Peoples Community Center and no longer Christian Center. This was approved by Willie Jackson and
Introduction of new members and visitors was accomplished.
• C-PAB Membership was reviewed, where 34 members are on the roster of which
14 applications are pending. Lupe Ramos-Silva suggested a “buddy” system to support follow-up for the completion of pending applications
• Discussion around a youth C-PAB was put into consideration along with a Spanish language C-PAB
• Presentations were made by David Duran from City of Youth and Maya Oubre from Healthier Generations.
• Training for new members was established for Saturday January 18, 2014 from 8am to 12pm.
• Captain Prokop went over the current trends and status of the PAAL program
• Biased–Based and Constitutional Policing was reinforced and Gilbert Radillo re-encouraged C-PAB members to input forms if complimenting a police officer.
• “Hide it lock it keep it” was reinforced.
• C-PAB Summit was announced. It will be held on November 9, 2013 from 8am to 1pm at the Biltmore Millennium Hotel.
Adjournment A motion to adjourn was made at 1:05pm and voted by Willie Jackson and
JAMES TOWNSEND, Sergeant EDWARD J. PROKOP, Captain
Officer-in-Charge Commanding Officer
Newton Community Relations Office Newton Area