North Hollywood Area leads Multi-Agency Task Force to Combat Gang Crime
Los Angeles: Operation Wild Card Deals Vineland Boys Gang a Bad Hand.
During the last few months of 2007, LAPD North Hollywood Gang Impact Team (G.I.T.) detectives became aware of a coordinated effort by Vineland Boys gang members to obtain assault weapons. North Hollywood GIT detectives initiated an investigation into the circumstances and determined that the guns were potentially going to be used by the gang members to commit violent crimes in the City of Los Angeles. Further investigation revealed that the guns were still within the North Hollywood community.
A multi-agency investigation was initiated which included the following:
• Los Angeles Police Department
• Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms
• Immigration and Customs Enforcement
• Burbank Police Department
• Los Angeles Unified School District Police Department
• Los Angeles County Probation Department
• Burbank Glendale Pasadena Airport Police Department
• Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Service
On February 26, 2008, in the early morning hours, fifteen search warrants were served at various locations throughout the San Fernando Valley in an attempt to remove these dangerous weapons from the community before they were used against citizens or law enforcement in a violent manner.
The simultaneous search warrant service resulted in the recovery of six firearms, including parts of a MAC 90-assault rifle, Marijuana and Methamphetamine. A total of nineteen arrests were made for various offenses throughout the course of the investigation.
For Additional Information Contact Detective Dan Fournier or Lt. Alan Hamilton at 818-623-4045