Presentation of Police Commission Unit Citations to 77 SWAT Officers
"Presentation of Police Commission Unit Citations
to 77 SWAT Officers"
Wednesday, June 23, 2004, 11:00 am
Police Academy – Gymnasium
1880 North Academy Road
Elysian Park, CA 90012
- President David S. Cunningham, III, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Vice President Alan J. Skobin, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Commissioner Rick J. Caruso, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Commissioner Corina Alarcon, Los Angeles Police Commission
- Richard Tefank, Executive Director, Los Angeles Police Commission
Los Angeles: The year 2002 was an extraordinary one for the Special Weapons and Tactics Team at the Los Angeles Police Department. Through the commendation process, three incidents during this year caught the attention of the Police Commissioners because they represented outstanding tactics, precise life-saving skills, and shear bravery. Upon reading these stories, the Commissioners wanted to personally award the medals to these 77 SWAT officers. This presentation is the result of the Commissioners’ desire to meet and commend the members of SWAT.
Police Commission President David S. Cunningham, III, stated, "We are honored to be presenting these well-deserved awards to these outstanding officers. Los Angeles is a safer place because of them."