Halloween Holiday-Driving Under the Influence (DUI) Enforcement
Friday, October 28, 2011, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Saturday, October 29, 2011, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Friday –North Hollywood Area at Ventura Boulevard and Big Oak Drive
Saturday– Hollywood Area at Sunset Boulevard and Bronson Avenue
LAPD Emergency Operations Division
In an effort to keep the streets of Los Angeles safe during the Halloween weekend, the LAPD will conduct the DUI enforcement activities.
Halloween is a time for those young and old to engage in the joyous celebrations of this mystical holiday. Whether it’s dressing up in your favorite costumes, trick-or-treating or attending a Halloween party, this festive day always results in an increase of pedestrian and vehicular traffic. Unfortunately, Halloween has also become a holiday associated with alcohol consumption and DUI driving. To ensure a safe Halloween weekend, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) recommends the following tips:
• Plan a safe way home before the parties begin;
• Designate a sober driver;
• Leave your car keys at home;
• Call a taxi, call a friend or family member, or use public transportation to ensure you get home safely;
• Call 911 if you see a possible drunk driver on the road; and,
• Take the car keys away from someone who is about to drive impaired and assist them in getting home safely.
Funding for this DUI enforcement activities is provided by the California Office of Traffic Safety through the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. We can all help make our streets safer, please report Drunk Drivers – Call 911.
For further information, please contact Officer Don Inman, Traffic Coordination Section, at 213-486-0703.