Olympic Community Police Advisory Board
Minutes of Meeting
June 6, 2013
1130 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Meeting called to order at 6:30pm
C-PAB Co-Chairperson Bill Reichert
MIGUEL MARTINEZ, SR FLD RPSTVE – JOHN A PEREZ, SPEAKER OF THE ASSEMBLY
- Welcomed and thanked all members for taking part in tonight’s CPAB meeting
- Motion to approve June Minutes
- June Food Sponsor, Nuevo Ilovasco
OFFICER JULIAN PARIS – SPECIAL EXERCISE
- Miguel Martinez started speaking with good news about the budget moving away from recession and now being able to reinvest funds into existing programs. This money is going towards improving education, jobs, and negotiating 40% tuition reduction with government. For more information please contact Miguel Martinez at District Office, 320 West 4th St. Room 1050, Los Angeles, Ca. 90013, Phone 213-620-4646.
SENIOR LEAD OFFICER SUSAN GARCIA – BASIC CAR UPDATE
- Officer Julian Paris showed a video about techniques to exercise our memory in different ways that will help in an event that we witness a crime scene. Being a Good Witness we fill out an ID Card in an event in which we witness a crime. We need to learn to exercise our memory and know what memory exercises work best for us in order to be a good witness.
- Theft crime is on the rise regarding vehicles, bikes and valuables, please take the necessary precautions to avoid being a victim.
- Next meeting August 1, 2013
- Operation CARE August, 2013
- Meeting Adjourned at 7:30pm