Olympic C-PAB Meeting Minutes
Minutes of Meeting
1130 S Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Meeting called to order at 6:20pm
C-PAB Co-Chairperson Bill Reichert
• Welcomed and thanked all members for taking part in tonight’s CPAB meeting
• Motion to approve November Minutes
• Thanked November Food Sponsor, Ridgewood Wilton Neighborhood Association
CAPTAIN III TINA NIETO
• Welcome message. Captain Nieto is happy to be back home from Korea and exited to share with us all her knowledge so we can improve our C-PAB teams.
• Constitutional Policing means that the Police can only detain someone on legal basis.
• Theft remains the biggest issue in our communities. The good news is that it has been reduced compared to the past months. Please help prevent crime by staying informed about crime prevention and share your knowledge with your neighbors. We rely on community partnership in order to be successful.
• Officers will be out to enforce drunk driving if you drink have a designated driver let’s take care of each other.
GUEST SPEAKER DETECTIVE III STEVEN KATZ – OLYMPIC HOMICIDE
• Our Department is always looking for the truth of the matter and that takes communications skills to get confessions, evidence and an organized investigation that can find the correct prosecution. When investigating a case we use technology to record all interviews and always it’s important to take accurate notes.
SENIOR LEAD OFFICER HEIDI STOCKLEING – Basic Car Update 20A53
• SLO Heidi Stockleing has brought crime down 26% in her area in the last two months and 6.8% down this year with the joint help of the police force and community.
• “Shoes from Santa” Campaign is here again and with your help it will be a success again just like last year.
• Raffle Announcement
• Next meeting December 5, 2013, Special Exercise
• Please bring a dish for our December Meeting
• Operation CARE November 14. 2013
• Meeting Adjourned 7.37pm