Olympic Community Police Advisory Board
Minutes of Meeting
March 4, 2013
1130 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90006
Meeting called to order at 6:30pm
C-PAB Co-Chairperson Bill Reichert
• Welcomed and thanked all members for taking part in tonight’s CPAB meeting
• Motion to approve February Minutes
• March Food Sponsor, Mr. Bill Reichert
SLO Erik Bruner – Baic Car Update
• Crime has decreased but the biggest issue remains and that is theft. Please take precautions to avoid being a victim.
Co-Chairperson Captain Tina Nieto
• Welcome message
• Police Officers are there to protect and serve the people and put their lives in harm’s way on a daily basis. There were two funerals in San Jose City dedicated to fallen officers
• Statistic was stated where total crime is being slowly reduced while the area of theft crimes is rising.
• Constitutional Policing
• Captain Peter Zarcone
• We are doing well locally, but nationally Los Angeles ranks number three in crime in the Country only San Diego and San Antonio are ahead of LA.
• Leo Politi Neighborhood Association organization last year raised money from a yard sale towards the Explorers Program held in the Olympic Police Station.
• Guest Speaker – Jennifer Mendoza & Carol Ji-Hae Lee –Koreatown Youth & Community Center
• KYCC offers programs to educate children, young adults, parents and business owners to prevent alcohol and substance abuse.
• firstname.lastname@example.org (213)365-7400 x 5117 – KYCC (213)365-7400 – email@example.com
Presentation of Certificates by Captain Nieto & Captain Zarcone
• Crime Watch Certificate, a program that started 25 years ago. Every Thursday and Friday they team with the police to look for robbery in progress, they are trained at the Police Academy. Congratulations to Koreatown Crime Watch Team.
• Please get involved in one of the programs so together we will have a better society
• Next meeting April 4, 2013
• Operation CARE March 20, 2013
• First Night Out March 27, 2013
• Meeting Adjourned at 7:15pm