Police Permit Processing Section100 West First Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
The Permit Processing Section investigates an applicant's qualifications and background. If the applicant meets the requirements and passes the background check, the permit is placed on the Permit Review Panel's calendar to be approved. If there is a reason for denial, the application is forwarded to the Enforcement Section for further investigation.
The City Clerk can advise on the City's requirements for specific applications, such as the need for approvals from Building and Safety, Planning or Fire Departments. Requirements are contained in the Municipal Code and Police Commission Board Rules.
- Police Permit Review Panel
- Business Permit Fee Schedule
- How to Apply for a Police Permit
- Permit Requirements for Private Patrol Service and Street Patrol Officer
- Permit Requirements for Cafe Entertainment/Shows
- Permit Requirements for Pool Room/Pool Room Single
- Permit Requirements for Dance Hall
- Permit Requirements for Tow Unit Operator
- Massage Therapist Renewal Documents