Permit Requirements for Cafe Entertainment/Shows
Cafe Entertainment/Shows P519
Los Angeles Police Commission Police Permit Requirements
Reference: L.A.M.C. 103.102 / L.A.M.C. 12.70/ board rules – none
Any business which regularly provides any form of live entertainment including karaoke is required to have a live entertainment police permit (p519)
This permit is not required for:
- musicians or vocalists at dances where a current dance hall permit(p519) exists
- in conjunction with carnival permit
Who must apply? All legal owner(s) of business must apply.
A) Corporation: three (3) officers of the corporation
B) Partnership: all general partners (not limited/silent partners)
C) Sole proprietorship: legal owner of business
- Corporation: articles of incorporation, minutes from annual general meeting stating election of officers. Statement of domestic stock.
- Partnership: notarized legal partnership agreement (state form, all partners'signatures ).
- Purchase agreement (of business) i.e. escrow documents.
- Deed or lease to location of business.
- Zoning referral slip from building and safety department.
- Copy of current liquor license (ABC license).
Property will be inspected by commission staff upon receipt of application.