Course Coordination SectionCareer Development Unit
Provides information on educational programs, bibliography items & other resource materials for examinations;
Sponsors a Peer Network/Mentor Program;
Coordinates mock orals; and provides written and oral preparation seminars.
Los Angeles Police Department Leadership Program
(*formerly Westpoint Leadership Program)
Coordination and instruction of the Los Angeles Police Department Leadership Program 3 times a year; and divisional Training Coordinator responsibilities.
Training Coordination Unit / Continuing Education Delivery Plan Unit
The Training Coordination Unit is responsible for organizing various Department training classes for in-service personnel, all CEDP training; and, coordination of Mobile Field Force/Officer Rapid Deployment.
A list of the classes coordinated through this unit include:
- Supervisor School
- FBI Academy
- Sherman Block Supervisory Leadership Institute
- Narcotics School
- Watch Commander School
- Vice School
- POST Management Course
- College of the Canyons
- Seventeen Personnel Classes for civilian employees
The Detective Training Unit is responsible for organizing all Department detective training classes for in-service personnel. A list of the major classes/responsibilities coordinated through this unit include:
- Basic Detective Course * All Robert Presley Institute of Criminal Investigation Detective Courses
- Homicide Investigation Course * Burglary Investigation Course;
- Auto Theft Investigation for Patrol Officers Course;
- District Attorney's Legal Education Update Course for investigators and patrol officers;
- Department of Justice Electronic Surveillance (Wiretap) Course; and,
- Developing the LAN and Internet web sites for Training Division.
The Field Officer Administrative Unit has assumed the responsibilities of work formerly assigned to EODD.
Development and presentation of the new FTO program to include the FTO Manual, 24-hour update course, and 40-hour FTO course;
- Meeting with and interviewing probationary officers who have opted to resign from the Department;
- Interviewing probationary officers who are experiencing difficulty in the field; and,
- Conducting audits of the FTO probationary books at each of the 18 geographic areas.
Completion of Course Announcement for the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) Regular Basic Course and POST Reserve Course - Level III, Parts I and II, Levels II & I.
- Development and completion of the schedule and monitoring and administrative oversight (coordination) for both the regular Basic Course and all reserve courses.
- Coordinating all recruit officer graduation ceremonies.
- Development and update of Recruit Officer Manual.
- Coordinating all aspects and documentation of all recruit officer training including ratings, resignations, inspections, injuries, probationary extensions, and timekeeping.
I WANT TO KNOW
|Training Division Location and Contact Info
Ahmanson Recruit Training Center
5651 W. Manchester Boulevard, Westchester
1880 N. Academy Drive, Elysian Park
Edward M. Davis Training Facility
12001 Blucher Avenue, Granada Hills