Downtown Los Angeles header image
Los Angeles Police Department Badge

Official Site of The LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT

News Release

Thursday, February 24, 2000

Media Relations

Carbon Monoxide Accidental Deaths in Van Nuys

LOS ANGELES POLICE DEPARTMENT
PRESS RELEASE
Thursday, February 24, 2000


Van Nuys - On Thursday, February 24, 2000 at approximately 7:00 a.m., the fire department responded to the 14900 block of Vanowen street. A male Hispanic 43 years old and a female Hispanic 51 years old were found unconscious inside their apartment. It has been determined that the married couple died as a result of carbon monoxide from a charcoal barbecue, which had been ignited and used as a source of heat. Their deaths have been determined to be accidental.
Further information may be obtained from Det. A. Aldez, Van Nuys Homicide Coordinator (818) 756-8377.




For Release 1:00 pm PST
February 24, 2000



iWatch