Thursday, March 31, 2011
Vandal(s) Targeting Vehicle Tires NR11141krLos Angeles: The Los Angeles Police Department’s Van Nuys Area Auto Detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a suspect, or suspects, who have been responsible for puncturing or damaging the tires on at least fifteen vehicles.
Beginning on March 19, 2011 through March 22, 2011, between the hours of 10:30 p.m. and 7 a.m., vandal(s) have hit vehicles parked in a variety of neighborhoods, primarily in the Sherman Oaks area. At least fifteen vehicle owners have come out to find their car tires have been punctured or slashed.
Detectives have not been able to locate any video surveillance, witnesses, or leads in these cases. Until a suspect can be caught, Detectives have provided a few tips that can help protect residents from becoming victims:
- Always park cars in a locked garage whenever possible
- Park in well lighted areas
- Park in high traffic locations where suspicious activity is more likely to be seen
- Park in areas covered by surveillance equipment
- Be a good neighbor and keep an eye out for each other
- Form neighborhood watch groups and neighborhood surveillance teams
- Immediately contact your area police stations to report any suspicious persons or activity