Friday, February 1, 2013
LAPD vs. Drunk Drivers Super Bowl Weekend Sobriety Enforcement NA13018bbLos Angeles: Although the American tradition of gathering together to watch the National Football League’s best battle on the gridiron to win the coveted Vince Lombardi Trophy is an exciting time, it is also a weekend of increased alcohol consumption. During this Super Bowl weekend, the Los Angeles Police Department (LAPD) would like to remind all community members to drink responsibly. In an effort to keep the streets of Los Angeles safe this weekend, the LAPD will conduct the following driving-under-the-influence (DUI) enforcement activities:
- February 1, 2013 (Friday) – Sobriety Checkpoint on Roscoe Boulevard at Coldwater Canyon Avenue in Mission Area from 8 PM to 2 AM;
- February 2, 2013 (Saturday) – Sobriety Checkpoint on Hyperion Avenue at Scotland Street in Northeast Area from 9 PM to 3 AM;
- February 3, 2011 (Sunday) – DUI Saturation Patrol in Newton and Central Area from 2 PM to 10 PM
- February 3, 2011 (Sunday) – DUI Saturation Patrol in Topanga Area from 5 PM to 1 AM;
- February 3, 2011 (Sunday) – DUI Saturation Patrol in 77th Street Area from 5 PM to 1 AM; and,
- February 3, 2011 (Sunday) – DUI Saturation Patrol in Hollywood Area from 7 PM to 3 AM.
The LAPD would like to remind all Angelinos of their responsibility to help prevent DUI fatalities and injuries from occurring. If you are planning or attending a Super Bowl party where alcohol will be served, plan ahead and designate a sober driver. Anyone arrested for DUI should be aware that it could result in fees over $10,000, time in jail, loss of driving privileges and increased automobile insurance rates.
MEDIA NOTES: To schedule an interview regarding the LAPD’s DUI enforcement activities, please contact Officer Don Inman, Emergency Operations Division, at 213-486-0703. For information regarding impaired driving efforts and programs in California please contact Chris Cochran, California Office of Traffic Safety at 916-905-3063 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.