West Valley Area
Community Police Advisory Board
February 12, 2014
Call to Order: Meeting called to order at 7:06 PM
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes: The minutes of January 13, 2014 meeting were approved
Introduction: Officers, PM Watch Commander and Supervisor, Captain Egan and Captain Grimes
Captain John Egan:
• Captain advised the meeting was being live streamed.
• Captain reported that Crime is down 20% in West Valley compared to 2013. Captain also introduced the PM Watch Commander Sgt II Mike Patroquin and Mid-Watch Supervisor, Sgt Garret Peyton.
• Claim back the sidewalk power point presentation.
Claim back the sidewalk CPAB beautification Program. The beautification team spoke about their progress in the Reseda Corridor.
Question and Answer Period
• Captain and SLO Officer Parra fielded questions concerning the plasma center at the N/E/C Tampa Ave and Vanowen St. Members concerned about the increase in thefts and BFMV’s in the area that may be connected to the location.
• Captain also answered concerns about the Medical Marijuana Clinics and if the City regulates the facilities. Members agreed to table the issue for a future meeting.
CPAB General Discussion
Members and Guests were formed into groups and discussed certain issues and possible solutions as it relates to the Division and CPAB.
Motion to Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 8:25 PM
Respectfully submitted by
Officer Todd Holmberg, Live Stream Coordinator