Tuesday, February 12, 2002
10 Arrested in Department Store Burglary Including One Employee"10 Arrested in Department Store Burglary Including One Employee"
Los Angeles: On Monday, February 11, 2002 at 8:30 p.m., West Valley area patrol units responded to a radio call of "Burglary Suspects There Now" at the Robinson’s May department store located at 21900 Vanowen Street at the Topanga Mall. Upon their arrival officers were directed to two carloads of suspects who had left the store prior to closing. All suspects were taken into custody including an employee of the Robinson’s May department store. Detectives believe the theft was accomplished with the help of a loss prevention officer who is employed with the department store. A substantial amount of clothing taken in the theft was recovered. Ten suspects, five males and five females, were arrested and booked for burglary at either West Valley or Van Nuys jail facilities. Bail has been set at $15,000.00 each.
The suspects have been identified as:
- Monica Afzaoi, 31 yrs, of Alta Loma
- Ana Valdez, 18 yrs, of Fontana
- Eric Rojas, 22 yrs, of Pacoima
- Linda Rojas, 24 yrs, of Pacoima
- Aaron Afzali, 30 yrs, of Upland
- Nadia Tejada, 22 yrs, of Rancho Cucamonga
- Anthony Molina, 18yrs, of Baldwin Park
- Mario Molina, 21 yrs, of Baldwin Park
- Anita Nava, 20 yrs, of Baldwin Park
- Feradoon Matin, 26 yrs, of Alta Loma
Members of West Valley Area Burglary-Theft Unit are handling the case.
This press release was prepared by Public Information Officer Nadine Hernandez of Media Relations Section, 213-485-3586.