Hayvenhurst Estate Media Plan NA09176jr
Beginning Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:00 p.m.
Jackson Family Residence
Hayvenhurst Avenue South of Ventura Boulevard
LAPD West Valley Area Police Officers
And Residents on Hayvenhurst Avenue
To facilitate the media covering the activities at the childhood home of Michael Jackson and current home of members of Michael Jackson’s family.
Since the untimely death of Superstar Michael Jackson, there have been several locations in Los Angeles where people have gathered to pay their respects. One of the locations that has become a primary focal point is one of the childhood homes of Michael Jackson and current home of members of his family.
The house exists on a street which is a primary evacuation route and a designated thoroughfare for emergency services. Under normal conditions, there is no legal parking on that portion of Hayvenhurst Avenue. Parking violations on Hayvenhurst Avenue normally result in a citation and impound.
However, due to the extraordinary events on Friday, the media and mourners have been accommodated by the closure of the street to all vehicle traffic, except media, local residents and emergency responders. The Police Department and the Department of Transportation have exercised significant discretion in not citing or towing vehicles.
Since Friday, the Media encampment has grown and the area is at capacity.
In cooperation with the Radio and Television News Association of Southern California, effective at 5:00 p.m. today, the following Media Protocols will be in effect on Hayvenhurst Avenue:
These protocols will be re-evaluated by noon on June 29, 2009 or sooner if additional information is received. The Los Angeles Police Department and the Radio and Television News Association of Southern California greatly appreciate your cooperation.
- Only essential broadcast vehicles (Satellite and Microwave) may park on Hayvenhurst Avenue south of Ventura Boulevard. All other vehicles must be parked legally off of Hayvenhurst Avenue.
- In the event of an emergency, such as a fire, vehicles on Hayvenhurst Avenue must be capable of moving within 5 minutes. This means that all vehicles must have a driver on site.
- As a gesture of respect to the residents, generator use overnight (10 p.m. to 8 a.m. local time) shall be limited to on air time only. Media crews are requested to bag and remove their own rubbish.
- To minimize radio interference and health and safety concerns Satellite trucks must have licensed operators. A copy of the licenses must be on site.
- NO ADDITIONAL VEHICLES CAN BE ACCOMMODATED.
Questions regarding this news advisory should be directed to the LAPD Media Relations Section at 213-485-3586.