I have a question regarding my traffic citation - Who do I ask?

If you have any question regarding your traffic citation, you need to contact the Los Angeles Superior Courts. The Los Angeles Police Department is not authorized to supply information regarding the disposition or future outcome of any citation.

Traffic Ticket

How can I contest a traffic citation?

A person who receives a traffic citation may contest it by going to the court he/she is cited to (listed on the citation) and posting bail (paying the amount of the citation). After the person has posted bail, the court clerk will assign a court date. On the specified date, the person will be able to plead his/her case before a judge and question the officer. If the judge rules in the person’s favor, the bail they posted will be refunded. Additional information can be obtained by calling the Los Angeles Municipal Court Traffic Information and Payment Center at 213-742-1884.