Traffic Collision Reports may be released to authorized persons such as victims, representative(s) of the victim, or such individuals as provided in Section 20012 of the Vehicle Code, by requesting the report online or via United States Mail.
- Traffic Collision Reports that involve an arrest, fatality, or juvenile cannot be released online and must be requested through United States Mail.
- Traffic Collision Reports issued prior to February 1, 2016, must be requested through United States Mail.
- Before attempting to obtain a copy of a Traffic Collision Report online, please allow a minimum of 45 days from the date of the collision to allow the report to be reviewed and approved for release.
To Obtain Traffic Collision Reports Online
If you would like to obtain your Traffic Collision Report online, please click on the link below:
To Obtain Traffic Reports via United States Mail
To request a report through the United States Mail, download and complete the Traffic Collision Report Request and return it with a $16.00 check or money order payable to the LAPD (do not send cash) to:
Los Angeles Police Department
Records and Identification Division
Document Processing Unit
P.O. Box 30158
Los Angeles, CA 90030
Download the Traffic Collision Report Request Form
If you are unable to print or view the form, please make sure your written request includes:
- Type of report – Traffic
- Requester’s Name, Address, and Telephone Number
- LAPD Report (DR) Number and/or Incident Number, if known
- Requester’s Date of Birth
- Name(s) of party(ies) listed in report
- Date and Time of occurrence
- Location of occurrence
- License Plate Number and State of Registration of involved vehicle(s)
- Your interest in the report (i.e. involved party, authorized representative, insurance company, or parent/guardian). Include release forms for authorized parties and insurance companies and proof of relationship for parents/guardians.
- Include the declaration, “I declare this statement is true and correct, sign and date your request.”