Mayor's Crisis Response Team (CRT) March 21 - May 4, 2023 Volunteer Opportunity Spring 2023 CRT Academy
1. Five stars – represent the five-member Board of Police Commissioners.
2. “Old Glory” – illustrative of devotion to country.
3. The people of the City of Los Angeles supported by the badge – signifying the duty of the police to serve the community. The individuals are faceless, indicating the duty to serve impartially, without regard to race, religion, color, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, immigration or employment status, language fluency or homeless circumstance.
4. Scales of justice.
5. Sunrays – symbolic of faith, hope and perseverance.
6. Badge – symbolic of the line officer, the mainstay of police service.
7. 1869 – the year in which the Los Angeles Police Department became a paid City agency.
8. Olive branches – for the peace and domestic tranquility.
9. Four stars – insignia of the Chief of Police, the Department’s General Manager.
10. Motto of the Los Angeles Police Department.
Note: The Seal of the Los Angeles Police Department was adopted in 1971. It was designed by Policeman Rolph Lucke.