The Application Database and Services Section (ADSS) is responsible for the database administration, Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) process maintenance, and technical support related to Training Evaluation and Management systems II (TEAMSII), Crime Analysis & Mapping System (CAMS), Deployment Planning System (DPS), Detective Tracking System (DCTS) and Record Management System (RMS) in AIX, Windows, and Linux environments.
The ADSS performs Oracle and SQL Server database administration, performance tuning, upgrade, patch, health monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting for:
• TEAMS II, including Claims & Lawsuit Information System (CLIS), Complaint Management System (CMS), Risk Management Information System (RMIS), and Use of Force System (UOFS)
• TEAMS II Ad hoc Reporting/Access Control/data warehouse
• Consolidated Crime Analysis Database System (CCAD) Oracle
• Deployment Planning System (DPS)
• Crime Analysis & Mapping System (CAMS)
• Record Management System (RMS)
• Cry Wolf – Alarm Permit Management System (APMS)
• Documentum systems including Integrated Crime and Arrest Records System (ICARS)
• Automated Personnel Records Imaging System (APRIS), and Homicide Library System (HLS)
• Dynamic 365 CRM Staging database
The section is also responsible for the development and maintenance of many ExtractTransform-Load (ETL) processes using IBM Data Manager and Informatica PowerCenter. The ETL processes extract data from heterogeneous sources including CCAD, TEAMS II, Department Employee Commendation System (DECS), DPS, Comprehensive Automated Permit System (CAPERS), K9, Learning Management System (LMS), Fleet Safety Report (FSR), STOP, Shooting Qualification & Bonus System (SQUAB), Traffic Information System (TIS), and Vehicle Pursuit System (VPS). The processes then load data into the TEAMS II data warehouse, Ad Hoc database, CAMS database, or CCAD oracle database for various data analysis and reporting purposes. The ETLs also generate data feed to other LAPD systems such as the RMS, Digital In-Car Video System (DICVS), and LMS. The section also fulfills data requests from within the Department and external organizations.
Programmers in the ADSS perform requirement analysis, system design, application development, enhancement, and data integration. The section is also involved in server maintenance, application release management, application, and batch process support, and end-user support for critical systems.
• CAMS – Server and application administration, ArcSDE service and data load monitoring, data validation, and CAMS Desktop supports to COMPSTAT and CAMS users.
• CMS – System design, web application development using J2EE and Workflow APIs accessing Oracle databases, and 24X7 2nd and 3rd level support.
• DCTS – All level end-user supports and application maintenance and enhancement using Delphi and DB2.
• DPS – System design, web application development using J2EE, data exchange with the City Payroll System, Days-Off and other systems, and web server maintenance.
• RMS – Release management, reporting server, and high availability configuration, GIS NAV data Load, and APIMS to RMS data conversion support.
• TEAMS II – Server monthly maintenance and quarterly security patching, batch process support, data patching, and off-hours support.