The Motor Garage Liaison officer works closely with the mechanics and supervisors at Motor Transport Division’s (MTD) Central Motor Garage Facility to identify and resolve mechanic failures or concern expressed by motor personnel regarding the Department’s fleet of motorcycles. Other duties include:
- Maintaining LAPD’s motorcycle issuance lists and assigning all two-wheeled Department-issued motorcycles.
- Maintaining liaison with MTD’s Fleet Services Manager.
- Road testing all motorcycles after a traffic accident.
- Assisting Motor Transport Division in developing motorcycle specifications and road testing new products.
- Ensuring Department motorcycles are not altered or modified by motor personnel without proper authorization.
- Maintaining motor personnel deployment, assignment of motorcycles, and spare motorcycles operated by the Department.