77th Street Area Community Police Advisory Board (CPAB)
General Monthly Meeting
May 8, 2014
Meeting called to order at 7:10 PM.
Mrs. Wood stated that neither Captain will be attending.
• There was discussion on the preparing for Officer Appreciation in September.
• A member got car description on graffiti writers : a guest stated that her church located 1941 Florence Ave. was heavily tagged. We gave her the SLO’s telephone number.
• Members gave an summary of the South Bureau Homeless Symposium : Ms. Kim stated that a new homeless encampment is growing by her business on Vermont Ave at Florence Ave. :A list of support agencies was given to members( most are located in the downtown area).
• Recommendation for the Board Project: Mrs. Wood suggested that each member donate to the Project Peacemaker, Inc. during the month of May for Mother’s Day and June for Father’s Day: Ms. Walker stated that they need bottle water, snacks for adults and children, usable clothing and cash donations.
• Announcements: The Community Relation Office is having a Mother’s Day Dinner for the Cadets’ mothers and CPAB members on May 9, 2014; New Testament Church located at 1941 w. Florence Ave will have a community cleanup on May 31, 2014, 9AM -1PM ; National Night Out is schedule to be an open house at the station; New DART training class will start in September; October10, 2014. There will be a Domestic Violence Awareness Month presentation at city hall.
• Meeting adjourned 8:30 PM