Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Plan Ahead for Shuttle Endeavor NA12228bb
Metro Rail Service on Saturday October 13th
- Expo Line (7th/Metro Center to Culver City) will run every 6 minutes from 2p.m.-11p.m. (Regular Saturday service ends at 2a.m.)
- Red & Purple Line Subway (Red: North Hollywood to Union Station; Purple Wilshire/Western to Union Station) will run every 10 minutes with longer trains. (Regular Saturday service ends at 2a.m.)
- Gold Line (Pasadena to Downtown LA / Union Station to East LA)
- Will run every 10 minutes with longer trains (Regular Saturday service ends at 2a.m.)
- Additionally, we will be deploying staff at key locations to assist riders with paying fares and providing directions.
- Metro recommends passengers buy a $5 day pass Tap Card if using multiple lines on this date.
The Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT) will begin closing streets as early as 10 p.m. on Thursday, October 11th, to prepare for the transport of the Space Shuttle Endeavour. LADOT anticipates that traffic in the areas surrounding the shuttle route will be negatively impacted, and drivers should expect delays. Law Enforcement and LADOT asks the public to Plan ahead and consider alternative routes. See below for approximate closure times:
- Northside Parkway from Westchester Parkway to Lincoln Boulevard
- Westchester Parkway from Loyola Boulevard to La Tijera Boulevard
- La Tijera Boulevard from Westchester Parkway to Sepulveda Boulevard
- Sepulveda Eastway from Westchester Pkwy to 87th Street
- La Tijera Boulevard from Sepulveda Boulevard to Manchester Avenue
- Manchester Avenue from Sepulveda Boulevard to Aviation Boulevard
- Crenshaw Boulevard from 79thth Street to Vernon Avenue
- Crenshaw Boulevard from Vernon Avenue to 39th Street
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from Marltin Avenue to 4th Avenue
- Martin Luther King Boulevard from 4th Avenue to Figueroa Street
- Bill Robertson Lane from Martin Luther King Boulevard to Exposition Park
Additional closures include: On Thursday, October 11th, one lane in each direction of Lincoln Blvd (Between Sepulveda and Manchester) will be closed from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. for removing the median barriers.
On Thursday, October 11th, Lincoln Boulevard (LA Highway 1) will be completely closed in both directions (Between Sepulveda and Manchester) from 8:30 p.m. until 5:00 a.m. of October 12th.
On Saturday, October 13th, one lane on each direction of Lincoln Blvd (Between Sepulveda and Manchester) will be closed for the reconstruction of the median barrier from 4:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Additionally, the following schedule is currently under consideration: Route Interstate 405 Freeway on and off ramps at Manchester Avenue will be closed from 10:00 am October 12th, (Friday) to about 4:00 a.m. (Saturday morning/night) October 13. Route 405 southbound off-ramp at La Cienega Blvd/Florence Avenue will also be closed during this time.
FEATURED COMMUNITY MEMBER