Co-Chair Penny Meyer
Richard Adams *
Sha Newman *
Bob Cupples *
Richard Disisto *
Susan Lewis *
Kenneth Heinsius *
Christopher Villa *
Kambiz Merabi *
Josef Lazarovitz *
Don LeStrange *
Leonard Nelson *
Linda Brooks *
Gail Pincus *
David Rankell *
George Thomas *
Marvin Gonzalez *
German Agustin *
Also in attendance were:
Sgt. II Tarek Ismail
Guillermo Marquez - Council District 6
The meeting was called to order at 6:30 p.m. by C-PAB Co-Chair Penny Meyer. She welcomed all those in attendance. All those in attendance also went around the room, and introduced themselves.
• Tamar Galatzan addressed the crackdown on Marijuana Clinics operating in the
Van Nuys Area, and what is being done to shut them down. She also addressed the homeless problems and repeat offenders, and what her office is doing to ensure compliance. Tamar also addressed the recent violation of Van Nuys Area hooka bars.
• Guillermo Marquez CD-6 spoke on the success of the clean-up efforts that took place on May 31, 2014, to prepare for the 50th Anniversary. Marquez also added that CD-6 is working on having movie night in the Van Nuys Civic Center. The movies will begin on Thursdays during the month of August.
• Sergeant II Ismail spoke about current Van Nuys crimes and the slight increase in robberies and aggravated assaults.
• Crime statistics were addressed by Sergeant Ismail and where we stand in comparison Citywide. The Van Nuys Area has maintained a 9.5% reduction in Part I crimes.
• Sergeant Ismail spoke about the Mid-Valley Community Police Council regarding “Cops and Cowboys.”
• CPAB members were given the opportunity to use the Force Options Simulator (FOS). The purpose was to show members what an officer experiences during a critical incident.
Quality of Life Issues, Homeless Committee - Don LeStrange
Emergency Preparedness Committee - Cheryl Cashman
Blight Abatement Committee - Penny Meyer
Technology Committee - Bob Cupples
The meeting was adjourned at 8:00 p.m.
The next meeting will be held on Thursday, August 7, 2014, at 6:30 p.m., in the Van Nuys Station Community Room.