Friday, October 22, 2010
Coalition March and Rally 2010What:
March and Rally
Friday, June 22, 2010
Hill Street and 5th Street (Pershing Square)
Los Angeles Police Department
To provide general information and identify the Media Staging area, the Media Viewing Area
MARCH/RALLY TIMELINE: (note these times are subject to change)
- 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. Assembly time at Pershing Square
- 3:00 p.m. Begin March to MacArthur Park
- 4:00 p.m. Arrive at 6th Street and Union Avenue.
- 5:00 p.m. event ends
Pershing Square (Start of March)
• Designated staging/parking for Media vehicles shall be on Hill Street South of 5th Street on the Westside of the street. Media may gather in the park at any time for this event.
MacArthur Park (End of March)
• Designated staging/parking for Media vehicles shall be on Parkview on the Westside between 6th Street and Wilshire Boulevard. The media viewing area for the destination point will be along the sidewalk of Parkview (Westside) South of Wilshire.
In the event of an unlawful assembly declaration, and in accordance with the CRESPO settlement, the Incident Commander will avoid moving crowds into areas designated as media staging. In the event of an unlawful assembly declaration during a march, additional media area(s), outside of the impacted area, will be designated by the Incident Commander. (Commander Jacobs typically likes to consider “behind the police line” as his default area to evacuate the media). To the extent reasonably possible, efforts will be made to ensure that the designated media area(s) do not become part of any impacted area.
Media Relations Section will notify City News Service (CNS) of locations for media interest when appropriate, who will in turn, put out the information over the news wire, along with Nixle, which is monitored by media personnel. Media Relations Section will also put out an emergency advisory through its regular notification system.
No street closures are anticipated and Spanish speaking PIOs will also be available.
Any questions regarding this news advisory should be directed to the LAPD Media Relations Section at 213-486-5910.