Carbon Monoxide Accidental Deaths in Van Nuys

February 24, 2000

Thursday, February 24, 2000

Van Nuys – On Thursday, February 24, 2000 at approximately 7:00 a.m., the fire department responded to the 14900 block of Vanowen street. A male Hispanic 43 years old and a female Hispanic 51 years old were found unconscious inside their apartment. It has been determined that the married couple died as a result of carbon monoxide from a charcoal barbecue, which had been ignited and used as a source of heat. Their deaths have been determined to be accidental.
Further information may be obtained from Det. A. Aldez, Van Nuys Homicide Coordinator (818) 756-8377.

For Release 1:00 pm PST
February 24, 2000