Mayor's Crisis Response Team (CRT) March 21 - May 4, 2023 Volunteer Opportunity Spring 2023 CRT Academy
Los Angeles: Los Angeles Police Department detectives are asking for the public’s help in identifying a man wanted in connection for over a dozen business robberies throughout South Los Angeles.
During the heist, a man dubbed the “Left-Handed Eyeglass” bandit, walks in the front door of the business, pulls out a small caliber revolver, holds it with his left hand and demands money from the clerk. The robber then takes off from the scene.
Police described the suspect as African American, in his 30s, 5 feet 10 inches tall, and weighs between 160-190 pounds. He’s casually dressed, and wears eyeglasses. The suspect has been linked to the following robberies:
• 10/21/09 Radio Shack Slauson/Western
• 10/23/09 Choice One Tobacco Slauson/Crenshaw
• 10/25/09 Subway Sandwich Slauson/Crenshaw
• 10/26/09 Metro PCS Store Martin Luther King/Vermont
• 10/27/09 Jamba Juice Slauson/Western
• 10/28/09 Metro PCS Store Jefferson/Vermont
• 10/29/09 Subway Sandwich Imperial Hwy/Hoover
• 10/30/09 Subway Sandwich Slauson/Fairfax
• 11//03/09 Power Auto Insurance 43rd/Figueroa
• 11/04/09 Coffee Bean &Tea Sepulveda/Palms
• 11/07/09 Little Ceasar Pizza 27th/Western
• 11/07/09 Quiznos 37th/Crenshaw
• 11/09/09 Metro PCS Store 39th/Western
Detectives believe that the suspect may be driving a 1990’s 4-door dark blue or black car with a hard shell tire cover on the trunk.
The suspect is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call 77th Street Detectives Ross Nemeroff or Steven Henry at (213) 473-4862. After-hours or on weekends, calls may be directed to a 24-hour, toll-free number at 1-877-LAPD-24-7 (527-3247). Callers may also text “CRIMES” with a cell phone or log on to www.lapdonline.org and click on “Web Tips.” When using a cell phone, all messages should begin with “LAPD.” Tipsters may remain anonymous.