Mayor's Crisis Response Team (CRT) March 21 - May 4, 2023 Volunteer Opportunity Spring 2023 CRT Academy
Los Angeles: The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office filed twelve felony counts of child molestation against 45-year-old Jose Samuel Adame, who was employed as a teacher at John Adams Middle School in downtown Los Angeles.
Los Angeles Police Department detectives arrested Adame after the Archdiocese of Los Angeles reported to LAPD on March 1, 2006, that Adame was suspected in molesting a boy in the late 1980s. That victim is now 31 years old and claimed to have been molested for 3 years, starting in 1988.
That initial report led detectives to a second victim, who is now 23 years old. He claimed Adame molested him when he was 13 years old, in 1996, and the molestation continued until 2001.
Adame was arraigned on March 29, and remains in custody, pending $600,000 bail and a preliminary hearing at a later date. The Los Angeles Unified School District, Adame’s current employer, has relieved him from his teaching duties, pending the investigation.
“We believe there may be more victims out there,” said Detective Robert Cervantes. “We’re asking Adame’s past students and their parents to look at his photo and call us if they have information to provide.”
Adame has worked as a teacher at the following schools:
• September 1994 – June 1997: Saint Mary’s Catholic School
• July 1997 – April 2002: Harrison Elementary School
• July 2003 – October 2003: Substitute teacher, Los Angeles Unified School District
• October 2003 – June 2004: Griffith Middle School
• June 2004 – April 2005: Substitute teacher, Los Angeles Unified School District
• September 2005 – January 2006: Saint Santa Monica Catholic High School
• January 2006 – February 2006: Substitute teacher, Los Angeles Unified School District
• February 2006 – Present: John Adams Middle School.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cervantes, Sexually Exploited Child Unit, at 213-485-2883. On weekends and during off-hours, call the 24-hour toll free number at 1-877-LAWFULL (1-877-529-3855).
Adame’s photograph is available from Media Relations, upon request.