Woman Rams Police Cars in Hollywood

June 22, 2005

Los Angeles: A police pursuit ended just after nine o’clock last night, June 21, 2005, when a woman, driving a beige 2001 Impala, was knocked unconscious by her car’s own side view mirror after she sideswiped a police car in an opposing lane on Hollywood Boulevard.

The pursuit began earlier in the evening, just after 8 o’clock, when Los Angeles police officers recognized 35-year-old Charlotte Noga, who was wanted for a prior felony evading charge. Noga refused to pull over for the Van Nuys patrol unit, and the pursuit led to the northbound 101 Freeway, where the LAPD officers relinquished the pursuit to the California Highway Patrol.

The CHP pursued Noga to Valley Circle Drive, where she exited the freeway, then re-entered onto the southbound 101 Freeway, back toward Los Angeles. The CHP chose not to continue the pursuit since the driver’s identity was known and she was driving so erratically.

An LAPD helicopter alerted LAPD units to the Impala’s location around 9:10 PM, near Hollywod Boulevard and Vine Street. A Hollywood patrol unit attempted to stop Noga, but again she refused to stop. She drove up and down Hollywood Boulevard, between Sycamore and Vine, for several minutes, narrowly missing cars and pedestrians. At one point, Noga stopped her car, looked back at the pursuing officers, then rammed her car back into their police car. She took off again, and sideswiped a sergeant’s police car in an opposing lane.

The collision with the second police car knocked off the Impala’s sideview mirror, which struck Noga in the face, rendering her unconscious. She was arrested for aggravated assault on police officers. She could face charges of felony assault, evading, and child endangering from the several incidents.

Officers also arrested Noga’s 15-year-old daughter, who was a passenger in the Impala. She had a warrant for narcotics possession.
Noga was treated at a local hospital for injuries to her nose. The two officers and the sergeant were taken by ambulance at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. They were listed in stable condition with back and neck injuries.